Undergraduates from around the country will again have the chance to compete for over $250,000 in cash prizes and scholarships as part of e-Fest® and the 2018 Schulze Business Concept Challenge: A three-day celebration of undergraduate entrepreneurship April 12-14, 2018. More awards have been added for 2018!
e-Fest® 2018 Timeline
- School Registration Starts Oct. 13, 2017
Schools Register Here Now
e-Fest 2018 Grant Application
- School Registration Deadline Jan. 26, 2018
- Student Team Submissions Open Feb. 1, 2018
- Submissions Due Friday Feb. 23, 2018 (by 6 p.m. Pacific Time)
- Finalists Announced Mar. 16, 2018
- e-Fest 2018 Nationals Apr. 12-14, 2018
An entrepreneurship education development grant program will again be offered this year to qualifying colleges and universities (fifty $2500 grants will be available. Stay tuned for details)
What is e-Fest®?
e-Fest® is the culmination of the Schulze Business Concept Challenge, sponsored by the Richard M. Schulze Family Foundation and by EIX.org, a non-profit online platform for entrepreneurship education. The 25 student teams who submit the best business pitches (up to a 7-minute video and 15 presentation slides) in the preliminary competition will be invited to the national event, which will feature two Pitch Competitions, an Innovation Challenge, professional development workshops, and the e-Fest® competition finals.
Rules Updates for 2018
- Student teams must have at least 2 and no more than 5 members.
- All student team members must be undergraduates and cannot have graduated earlier than December 2017. The venture can have other non-undergraduate members, but only undergrads can submit, travel to, and participate in e-Fest.
- Teams made of students from more than one institution are allowed (the institution where the advisor works must be registered for e-Fest).
- There is no limit on the number of student teams that may submit from one school, but each student can be a member of only one team.
The online form for STUDENT TEAM submissions will open on Feb 1, 2018.