This Privacy Statement is effective as of July 2018
At Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange we recognize the importance of protecting your personal information and are committed to processing it responsibly and in compliance with applicable data protection laws in all countries in which Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange operates.
Purpose of this Privacy Statement
This Privacy Statement describes Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange’s general privacy practices that apply to personal information we collect, use and share about consumers and other individuals within our clients, business partners, supplier and other organizations with which Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange has or contemplates a business relationship.
We may provide additional or more specific information on the collection or use of personal information on websites or related to a specific service.
Why and how we collect and use your information
Where we reference that we use your personal information in connection with a request, order, transaction or agreement (or preparing for such), or to provide you with services that you requested (such as a website), we do this because it is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you.
Where we reference that we use your personal information in relation to marketing, improvement or development of our services, for reasons of safety and security, or regulatory requirements other than in connection with your agreement or request, we do this on the basis of our or a third party’s legitimate interests, or with your consent.
We may collect your personal information as an individual for various purposes, such as the following:
- Access and use of websites or other online services When entering one of our websites, or using an online service, we will record information necessary to provide you with access, for the operation of the website and for us to comply with security and legal requirements in relation to operating our site, such as passwords, IP address and browser settings. We also collect information about your activities during your visit in order to personalize your website experience, such as recording your preferences and settings, and to collect statistics to help us improve and further develop our websites, and services.
- Visitor information We register individuals visiting our sites and locations (name, identification and business contact information).
You may give us information about you with your consent, for example:
-By filling in a form or sending us an e-mail
-Participating in our member communities
This information may be personal, financial, educational, or related to your employment history.
You may give us information for legal reasons, such as to enter into a contract with us.
- Responding to your request for information, order, or support When you contact us (online or offline) in connection with a request for information, to order a service, to provide you with support, or to participate in a forum or other social computing tool, we collect information necessary to fulfill your request, to grant you access to the service, to provide you with support and to be able to contact you. For instance, we collect your name and contact information, details about your request and your agreement with us and the fulfillment, delivery and invoicing of your order and we may include client satisfaction survey information. We retain such information for administrative purposes, defending our rights, and in connection with our relationship with you. When you provide your name and contact information to register in connection with such a request, the registration may serve to identify you when you visit our websites.
- We require you to have registered at Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange to submit an article for publication. Registration may also allow you to customize and control your privacy settings.
Information we receive from other sources
In our relationship with clients or prospects, partners and suppliers, they also provide us with business contact information (such as name, business contact details, position or title of their employees, contractors, advisors and authorized users) for purposes such as contract management, fulfillment, delivery of services, provision of support, invoicing and management of the services or the relationship. We may receive information about you from them as part of the service we provide you, or for legal reasons.
- Marketing Most information we collect about you comes from our direct interactions with you. When you register for an event or some other activity we may collect information (online or offline) in relation to the event organization, and during an event, such as participation in sessions and survey results. We combine the personal information we collect to develop aggregate analysis and business intelligence for conducting our business and for marketing purposes. You can choose to receive information by email, telephone or postal mail about our services, or sign-up for subscriptions. When visiting our websites or using our services we may provide you with personalized information.
Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange may, from time to time, provide third parties with data that has been aggregated or anonymized.
This means that your personal information that could be used to identify you have been removed from the data. Data provided to third parties in this way is not personal data; however, you do keep your right to object.
What if I chose not to give you my personal information?
If the personal information is necessary in order to supply goods or services to you under a contract between you and Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange, then we will not enter into that contract or provide the services if you do not give us your personal information.
- Your Rights
You can request to access, update or correct your personal information. You also have the right to object to direct marketing. You make that request here: [email protected].
You may have additional rights pursuant to your local law applicable to the processing. For example, if the processing of your personal information is subject to the EU General Data Protection Regulation ("GDPR"), and your personal information is processed based on legitimate interests, you have the right to object to the processing on grounds relating to your specific situation. Under GDPR you may also have the right to request to have
- Withdrawal of consent /opt-out
You can always opt-out from receiving personalized communication by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
How you can access and update your information
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information the Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange hold about you. We may charge for information requests to cover our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
How is your information used?
We may use your information to:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into by you and us;
- Seek your views or comments on the services we provide;
- Notify you of changes to our services;
- Post out copies of the news or information each month to your address.
- Send you communications which you have requested and that may be of interest to you.
- Activities, promotions of our associated companies and services;
Sharing of Personal Information
As an organization offering a wide range of services, with business processes, management structures and technical systems that cross borders, Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange has implemented policies, along with standards and procedures, for consistent protection of personal information. We may share information about you with our subsidiaries world-wide and transfer it to countries in the world where we do business.
Between Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange controlled subsidiaries we grant access only to personal information on a need-to-know basis, necessary for the purposes for which such access is granted. In some cases, Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange uses suppliers located in various countries to collect, use, analyze, and otherwise process personal information on its behalf.
Where appropriate, Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange may also share your personal information with selected partners to help us provide you, or the company you work for, services, or to fulfill your requests, or with your consent. When selecting our suppliers and partners, we take into account their data handling processes.
If Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange decides to sell, buy, merge or otherwise reorganize businesses in some countries, such a transaction may involve the disclosure of personal information to prospective or actual purchasers, or the receipt of such information from sellers. It is Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange’s practice to require appropriate protection for personal information in these types of transactions.
Please be aware that in certain circumstances, personal information may be subject to disclosure to government agencies pursuant to judicial proceeding, court order, or legal process. We may also share your personal information to protect the rights or property of Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange, our business partners, suppliers or clients, and others when we have reasonable grounds to believe that such rights or property have been or could be affected.
The legal basis under which Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange collects or processes your information
Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange may process your information because:
- We have a contract with you
- You have given us permission to do so
- To comply with the law.
All of these reasons are reasons Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange may legally process the information we have about you.
Security precautions in place to protect the loss, misuse or alteration of your information
When you give us personal information, we take steps to ensure that its treated securely. Any sensitive information (such as credit or debit card details) is encrypted and protected with the following software: 128 Bit encryption on TLS. When you are on a secure page, a lock icon will appear on web browsers such as Microsoft Internet Explorer or Google Chrome.
Non-sensitive details (your email address etc.) are transmitted normally over the Internet, and this can never be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your information, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems. Where we have given (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our websites, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone.
Where we store your personal data
We primarily store and process your personal data in the United States. If we do transfer your personal data outside the United States it will be because you have consented or because we have a legal reason to do so.
Some examples of reasons your data may be processed outside of the United States include:
- Order fulfilment
- Payment processing
- Technical support services.
If your personal data cannot be processed within United States we will:
- Comply with all other data protection principles
- Where possible, be to a country that is on the list of the EU Commissions’ countries that provide adequate protections for the rights and freedoms of data subjects
- Make sure we have assessed the adequacy of protections in all other cases.
Access to your stored personal data via password
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Transmission and storage of your personal data
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we use best practice to ensure your data is encrypted to the standard required in the GDPR to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data as it is transmitted and stored.
Information Security and Accuracy
We intend to protect your personal information and to maintain its accuracy. Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange implements reasonable physical, administrative and technical safeguards to help us protect your personal information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure. For example, we encrypt certain sensitive personal information such as credit card information when we transmit such information over the Internet. We also require that our suppliers protect such information from unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
We will not retain personal information longer than necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it is processed, including the security of our processing complying with legal and regulatory obligations (e.g. audit, accounting and statutory retention terms), handling disputes, and for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims in the countries where we do business.
Because the circumstances may vary depending on the context and the services, the information provided in a specific notice may provide more detailed information on applicable retention terms.
Controller vs. Processor
Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange is both a controller and a processor in different situations. Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange is not the controller in situations such as:
- Personal information processed in connection with a contractual relationship, or with entering into a contractual relationship with a specific Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange subsidiary. In this case the controller of personal information is the Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange contracting company, which is the legal entity with which you or your employer have, or will have, the contract.
- Personal information collected on the physical site or location of at Entrepreneur & Innovation Exchange subsidiary. In this case that subsidiary is the controller of the personal information.
It is possible to switch off cookies by setting your browser preferences. For more information on how to switch off cookies on your computer, visit our full cookies policy. Turning cookies of may result in a loss of functionality when using our website.
Links to other websites
In addition, if you linked to our website from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners and operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site.
16 or Under
We are concerned with protecting the privacy of children aged 16 or under. We do not process anyone's data aged under 16 without their parents/guardians explicit permission. If you are aged 16 or under‚ please get your parent/guardian's permission beforehand whenever you provide us with personal information.
Transferring your information outside of United States
As part of the services offered to you through this website, the information which you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the United States. By way of example, this may happen if any of our servers are from time to time located in a country outside of the United States. These countries may not have similar data protection laws. By submitting your personal data, you’re agreeing to this transfer, storing or processing. If we transfer your information outside of the United States in this way, we will take steps to ensure that appropriate security measures are taken with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this Policy.
If you use our services while you are outside the United States, your information may be transferred outside the United States in order to provide you with those services.
How to contact us
If you have a question related to this Privacy Statement, please contact us at: [email protected]
Changes to our Privacy Statement
From time to time we may update this Privacy Statement, as well as any other specific privacy statement. When making changes to this Privacy Statement, we will add a new date at the top of this Privacy Statement.
End of this Privacy Statement
Revised July 5, 2018